3 September 2018 - The World Steel Association (worldsteel) is looking for a one-year maternity cover to carry out activities within the worldsteel sustainability programme. Start date is November 2018.
Details and requirements of the position:
- A full-time role on a one-year maternity leave contract.
- Fluent English writing and speaking required.
- Experience of current trends and practices within sustainability for industry. This covers matters including the UN Sustainability Goals, industry sustainability programmes and global reporting standards/indices (GRI and Dow Jones Sustainability Index etc).
- An understanding of sustainability within the context of industry and manufacturing would be important and experience of trade associations would be useful.
- The role is to maintain and extend many sustainability programmes run on behalf of the membership of worldsteel. These include:
- Sustainability Indicators Data Collection (May to Sept)
- Sustainable Steel Indicator reporting publication (May to Oct)
- Sustainability Champions Recognition Programme (Mar to April)
- Continuous update of the 7 Focus areas programme (Supply Chain-TDI project, Water, Air Quality, Recycling, Co-products, Environmental Investment, Steel products)
- Sustainability Action Map case studies
- Management of a value chain initiative
- Data collection system improvement
- Oversight of various promotion programmes
- Oversight of member committee meeting arrangements
Details of these programmes can be found here.
If you are interested in this position, send your application to Nicholas Walters, Director, Communications and Public Policy at email@example.com.