The work of worldsteel is overseen by its members through the Board of Directors. The Board is composed of the chairmen or chief executive officer of worldsteel member companies and meets twice a year.
Voting rights of regular members at the Board Meeting and the Annual General Meeting are calculated based on tonnage production. Associate and affiliated members have one vote at the Annual General Meeting.
The Board is supported by an Executive Committee (see list below). All worldsteel officers, including the Chairman are appointed by the Board.
Day to day operations of the association are administered by a director general, who is appointed by the Board. worldsteel's current director general is Edwin Basson.
2017-2018 Office Bearers
The following office bearers were elected for a one-year term in October 2017.
Kosei Shindo, Representative Director and President, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
John Ferriola, Chairman, CEO, and President, Nucor Corporation
Ohjoon Kwon, CEO, POSCO
Sajjan Jindal, Chairman and Managing Director, JSW Steel Limited
Executive Committee 2017/2018
- Wolfgang EDER, voestalpine AG
- John FERRIOLA, Nucor Corporation
- Heinrich HIESINGER, thyssenkrupp AG
- Sajjan JINDAL, JSW Steel Limited
- André JOHANNPETER, Gerdau S.A.
- Koji KAKIGI, JFE Steel Corporation
- Ohjoon KWON, POSCO
- MA Guoqiang, China Baowu Steel Group Corporation Limited
- Lakshmi MITTAL, ArcelorMittal
- Alexey MORDASHOV, Severstal (PAO)
- Thachat Viswanath NARENDRAN, Tata Steel Limited
- Roger NEWPORT, AK Steel Corporation
- Paolo ROCCA, Techint Group
- Kosei SHINDO, Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation
- YU Yong, HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- Edwin BASSON, World Steel Association