People are proud to work in steel.
Steel provides universally valued employment, training and development. A job in steel places you in the centre of some of the greatest technology challenges of today with an unparalleled opportunity to experience the world. There is no better place to work and no better place for your best and brightest.
- Globally, over 6 million people work for the steel industry.
- The steel industry offers employees the opportunity to further their education and develop their skills, providing on average 6.8 days of training per employee in 2015.
- The steel industry is committed to the goal of an injury-free workplace and organises an industry-wide safety audit on Steel Safety Day every year.
- steeluniversity, a web-based industry university delivers education and training to the current and future employees of steel companies and related businesses, offering more than 30 training modules.
- The lost-time injury frequency rate has improved by 72% from 2005 to 2015.