The Board of Members of the World Steel Association (worldsteel) has elected the following Executive Board of Directors for the 2020/2021 period. The individuals on the Executive Board of Directors usually hold office for one year, but the Board of Members has in this instance voted to extend the mandates of last year’s Executive Board of Directors due to the COVID-19 pandemic’s interference with their duties at the postponed Annual General Meeting (AGM) of Members and other worldsteel meetings:
- Chairman – YU Yong, HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- Vice-Chairman – Sajjan JINDAL, JSW Steel Limited
- Vice-Chairman – André JOHANNPETER, Gerdau S.A.
- Treasurer – Mark VASSELLA, BlueScope Steel Limited
- Chairman of the International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF) – Bernardo VELÁZQUEZ, ACERINOX S.A.
The Board of Members has also elected the 2020/2021 Executive Committee:
- Salah AL-ANSARI – HADEED, Saudi Iron & Steel Company (a SABIC affiliate)
- David BURRITT – United States Steel Corporation
- CHEN Derong – China Baowu Steel Group Corporation Limited
- Jeong-Woo CHOI – POSCO
- Uğur DALBELER – Çolakoğlu Metalurji A.Ş.
- Eiji HASHIMOTO – Nippon Steel Corporation
- Sajjan JINDAL – JSW Steel Limited
- André Bier Gerdau JOHANNPETER – Gerdau S.A.
- Yoshihisa KITANO – JFE Steel Corporation
- Alexey MORDASHOV – Severstal (PAO)
- Thachat Viswanath NARENDRAN – Tata Steel Limited
- Paolo ROCCA – Techint Group
- Leon TOPALIAN – Nucor Corporation
- YU Yong – HBIS Group Co., Ltd.
- Hubert ZAJICEK – voestalpine A.G.
The Board of Members has also welcomed the following steel producers as regular members:
- Aço Verde do Brasil (Brazil), represented by Silvia CARVALHO NASCIMENTO
- Bangladesh Steel Re-Rolling Mills (Bangladesh), represented by Tapan SENGUPTA
- Diler Iron and Steel Company Inc. (Turkey), represented by Hüssam BAŞTUG
- Feng Hsin Steel Co., Ltd. (Taiwan, China), respresented by Chi-Jui (Jeffrey) LIN
- GRUPO ACERERO (Mexico), represented by Humberto ABAROA LÓPEZ
- Kaptan Demir Çelik Endustrisi ve Ticaret A.Ş. (Turkey), represented by Tolga SARI
- Kroman Çelik Sanayii A.Ş. (Turkey), represented by Suat OKTAR
The following is welcomed as an affiliated member:
- Steel Construction Development Association (Russian Federation), represented by Alexander DANILOV
The World Steel Association (worldsteel) is one of the largest and most dynamic industry associations in the world, with members in every major steel-producing country. worldsteel represents steel producers, national and regional steel industry associations, and steel research institutes. Members represent around 85% of global steel production.